[Avodah] God's Answer was "NO"

Michael Makovi mikewinddale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 07:20:28 PST 2008

> The problem I have is not with the Hashkafoc aspect of what you said. The
> problem I have with it is as a rejoinder to one who says God didn't answer
> their paryers.

So don't use it as such. Most of these theological answers help the
spectator, not the subject, or they help the person before the crisis
comes, i.e. they are pre-crisis innoculation/vaccination. But as
on-the-spot cures, they don't help. Most "answers" for the Holocaust
help the descendants far more than the survivors themselves.

Mikha'el Makovi