[Avodah] Tishri or Tishrei?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Jan 24 09:51:18 PST 2008

RallisW at aol.com wrote:
> I have seen the seventh month written both ways. Which way is correct?
>
> It seems that Tishri is more correct?
>
> In the Selichos of Tzom Gedalyoh, the second selicho "Ovlo nafshi
> v'choshach to-ori..." The phrase in which the word occurs is "*...
> doachu k'hayom bishlosho b'Tishri*:"

Kav Naki says that Tishri with a chirik is correct.  Also Shevot is
with a komatz, not a patach.  Ador, of course, is in Tanach, so there
can be no doubt about it.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.