[Avodah] [Areivim] "Blei Gissen" should we believe in this?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Jan 22 06:42:31 PST 2008

On Sat, January 19, 2008 11:46 pm, R Richard Wolpoe wrote:
: Question: If hirhurei Tefillah were THEh dynamic then what is the
: difference between a muchzak who has had 3 successful amulets and one
: that has NOT had a successful amulet?

We treat matbei'os tefillah with real seriousness. You don't (or at
least shouldn't) simply accept any prayer or change of nusach into the
siddur. It would seem that when davening, one really wants something
with the wisdom of Anshei Keneses haGdolah or Chazal behind it.

Now we have a rank amateur implicitly telling someone how to daven for
their refu'ah. Wouldn't you want someone with a track record of
knowing how to coin effective matbei'os, tefillos that have all the
right implications, etc...?

SheTir'u baTov!
-micha

--
Micha Berger             One who kills his inclination is as though he
micha at aishdas.org        brought an offering. But to bring an offering,