[Avodah] 15 fruits- [RavAviner] Parashat Beshalach 5768

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Jan 20 09:45:50 PST 2008

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 07:30:41PM +0200, Michael Makovi wrote:
: The reason I say that Ramchal has a machloket, is that he actively
: extols perishut from all pleasures (such as food) except what is
: absolutely necessary for physical life...

I repeat, nisht azoi klor. See my post of Jan 9 at
<http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol25/v25n014.shtml#06>.

I try to get a consistent shitah out of what looks like conflicting
quotes, and conclude that the Ramchal's perishus excludes that which leads
to aveirah, and that which someone can get addicted to ("ad sheyatzrikh
kol kach vetachbulos lehafrisho meihem"). Not actually anything not
actively needed for avodas H'.

Micha Berger             It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where
micha at aishdas.org        you are,  or what you are doing,  that makes you
http://www.aishdas.org   happy or unhappy. It's what you think about.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Dale Carnegie