[Avodah] abayudaya

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sun Jan 13 11:49:17 PST 2008

Michael Elzufon wrote:

> On the other hand, the abudaya might fit the case of ger shenitgeir
> l'bein hanochrim of Shabbat 68b, which would seem to be without kosher
> dayanim or anything else Jewish, for that matter.  I think this one has
> also been discussed here.

It's first mentioned on 68a, and Tosfot immediately points out that
there must have been three hedyotot to do the conversion, because
without them he wouldn't be Jewish and there'd be nothing to discuss.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.