[Avodah] Seeing the Alps

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 19:13:58 PST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 8:04 AM, kennethgmiller at juno.com <kennethgmiller at juno.com>
wrote:

> I can't think of a way to reconcile Rav Hirsch and the Ramchal as cited
> here. I hope someone else will comment.
>

> (I would be remiss if I did not mention that despite my strong feelings
> for the Grand Canyon, they run a far distant Second Place to even the most
> prosaic sight in Eretz Yisrael.)
>
> Akiva Miller

It is not so difficult. Rebbe never had hana'ah from olam hazeh either...

The point of Hirsh is that one can bet a "hispal'us" form seeing the Alps or
the Grand Canyon and then it is a wothwhile endeavor to See HKBH in HIS
Greatness in this world. it is not about PHYSICAL han'anh it is about
spirtual inspiration.

Just as niggun inspires SOME-  the Alps inspired Hirsch to increase his
connection with the Divine. Is that so hard to understand?

So Lemashal if I heard a concert with the music of Bach and Mozart and
received inspiration it would be like Hirsch going to the Alps.

If a drunk has booze it is a physical pleasure. if a ehrlihcer hassid has a
schnappes it is a spiritual event.  Simple - no?

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com