[Avodah] 15 different fruits on Tu B'shvat

Dov Bloom dovb at netvision.net.il
Tue Jan 8 10:47:30 PST 2008

The Hemdat Yamim pulmus was mentioned in a post of mine on Avodah V20 Issue #25, responding to Jon Baker about Hakafot on Shmini Atzeret.

Please pardon my incorrect references to H HaY - it is Hemdat Yamim without the "Ha".

It is wothwhile to note that the sefer Hemdat [Ha]Yamim was accused by achronim such as RY Eibshitz as well as some modern scholars of being influenced by Shabbetaism. The Munkatcher Rebber also scorned the sefer. There was a discussion about the sefer in Chabad - if the Rebbi distrusted it or held by it, no longer online.

Someone named M. Fogel wrote a whole article a few years ago re-analysing the accusations against Hemdat Yamim in an article published in a book called "HaChalom VeShivro" all about the Shabbatean movement.

At any rate, for anything where the Hemdat Yamim is a primary proof, best tread with care.

Dov