[Avodah] Chiyuv l'kabel gerim

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Jan 6 18:09:17 PST 2008

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 08:18:51PM -0500, T613K at aol.com wrote:
: There is no chiyuv to accept gerim because there is no obligation for a goy
: to become a ger.  He can get olam haba by keeping the Sheva  Mitzvos.

And yet: Ratzah HQBH leZAKOS es Yisrael, lefikhakh hirba lahem Tora
umitzvos.

And on these grounds, we can have a geir qatan - ZACHIN le'adam shelo
befanav. Assuming we have reason the child would be raised to be a
shomer/es Torah umitzvos, so that becoming a bar/t chiyuvah is a zekhus.

Having mitzvos, for someone committed to mitzvos, is a plus -- and thus
bringing people to that state is doing them a favor.

Micha Berger             "The most prevalent illness of our generation is
micha at aishdas.org        excessive anxiety....  Emunah decreases anxiety:
http://www.aishdas.org   'The Almighty is my source of salvation;  I will
Fax: (270) 514-1507      trust and not be afraid.'" (Isa 12) -Shalhevesya