[Avodah] The Mitzvah of Aliyah

Moshe Feldman moshe.feldman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 02:23:34 PST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 12:01 AM, Binyomin Hirsch <regalkit at aol.com> wrote on Areivim:

> <<he quotes the "Avnei Nezer" that there is no chiyuv for an individual to make aliyah because of an issur on all of Klall Yisroel to settle in Israel together.
> I therefore fail to comprehend some writer's lack of understanding of CHU"L Jews' reluctance to make Aliyah!

I discussed the Avnei Nezer (tshuva may be found at
http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol23/v23n138.shtml#12) on Avodah at
http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol23/v23n138.shtml#03

I noted there that according to the Avnei Nezer, if the gov't (in this
case, the UN) gives permission, then this is not considered going
"b'choma" and then one is *mechuyav* (par. 56) to make aliyah.

Kol tuv,
Moshe