[Avodah] Sheva Brochos

Michael Kopinsky mkopinsky at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 09:38:24 PDT 2008

RallisW at aol.com wrote:
> I understand that the Gemoro rules that if a couple marries, and both
> have been married before, they are entitled to three days of Sheva
> Brochos. I recently heard that a local rabbi ruled that just such a
> couple, wasn't entitled to any Sheva Brochos or at most one day. Can
> anyone shed any light on this matter?
Sorry for the delay, but I'm catching up on old Avodah posts...

I was once at a wedding of two divorcees in Chicago, and Rav Yehoshua
Eichenstein (on Devon*) paskened that they should only have one day of
sheva brachos.

I was under the impression that that was davka because they were both
divorcees, and if only one of them was, they would have had three days,
but I may be wrong.

* There are two Rav Yehoshua Eichensteins in Chicago, first cousins.
They are distinguished by what street their shul is - Rav Eichenstein on
Devon is (I believe) older than Rav Eicheinstein on Touhy.

KT,
Michael