[Avodah] Tinok Shenishba

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 19:55:31 PDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Daniel Eidensohn <yadmoshe at 012.net.il>
wrote:

> Received this from Dr. Josh Backon with permission to forward to Avodah

>   Translation: we have seen how the Conservative clergy have made a
>   mockery out of Judaism by changing text of prayers;
>   permitting stam yeinam; and dozens of other violations.
>

> Josh
> backon at vms.huji.ac.il
> _

Just to quibble

Many Ortho's have made wholesale changes to nusach.  Too many to even list.
An Ortho working as educational director in a C shul told me that he could
not understand the hypocrisy of attacking C changes in Nusach when  many
ortho's have done it, too. I must confess, I had no answer - except to
become a student of the history of authentic nusach

Disclaimer:, I am in no way endorsing the C position as Halchially OK on
this issue  but as far as stam yeinam goes, there is SOME wiggle room here
and even the Rema opened the door on this with a radical Teshuva.  AIUI a
lot of commercial wine is precessed w/o human contact at certain critical
times.

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com