[Avodah] efficacy of prayer

Liron Kopinsky liron.kopinsky at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:07:24 PST 2008

> I am convinced that praying oneself is better but I need sources not
logic<

No sources, but it seems to me that you can't say one is "better" than the
other.

L'mashal, if you need something from Person A, you make no regular effort to
let them know that you need it, but decide to just send person A's best
friend to ask for it, person A will probably say "I don't think s/he really
needs it since they could have asked me for it themselves."
Similarly, if Person A has something you need and 100 other people also need
it, and you all fill out an application form for it, but you can ask person
A's best friend to put your application on the top of the pile, that will
obviously not hurt your cause.

Chodesh Sameach and Shabbat Shalom,
~Liron