[Avodah] Aveilut-kabbalat shabbat

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Sun Feb 17 13:00:59 PST 2008

I'm not sure I understand why an avel would not say kabbalat shabbat
byachid  (what part of aveilut is contradicted by kabbalat shabbat)

In any event, given that many shuls daven mincha late on Friday so that
they are finishing mincha close to shkia, iiuc everyone is supposed to
be mkabell shabbat before continuing.  If so, why would the avel stay
out until after lcha dodi as everyone has already been mkabel shaabat
and his late entry seems a aveilut bfarhesia?

KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.