[Avodah] Does God Change His Mind?

Michael Makovi mikewinddale at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 02:51:43 PST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 2:12 AM, David Riceman <driceman at att.net> wrote:
> Michael Makovi wrote:
> > At this point, I'll add a similar point that occurs to me: According
> > to Rambam and those like him, certain Chazalic texts were declared to
> > be forgeries (for example, Shiur Koma), because they offended the
> > religious sensibilities of Rambam etc., and they could not imagine
> > Chazal holding by such texts. Today, we know that such texts are
> > certainly authentic.
> >
> I guess I must have missed a breakthrough.  How do we know this?
>
> David Riceman

I guess because we've found many other Chazalic Maaseh Merkavah works
(the Hekhalot), and Shiur Koma fits in with these texts perfectly, and
there's no basis for doubting its authenticity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkabah#Ma.27asei_Merkavah
Scroll down for mention of "Shi'ur Qoma"

Mikha'el Makovi