[Avodah] "Does God Change His Mind?"

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Feb 6 15:17:43 PST 2008

On Thu, January 31, 2008 9:29 pm, Cantor Richard Wolberg raised the
question of charatah and how it does not imply change:
:                                     Being sorry for something does
: not mean that a change has occurred; it simply means that there is
: regret for something that has taken place.

Attributing an emotion to HQBH doesn't mean He actually experienced
that emotion. (At least, in any hashkafah that survived to this day.)
If "charon apo" means that Hashem acted in a manner we would attribute
to anger if it were a person, then charatah is also not actually even
lamenting the need for an earlier decision.