[Avodah] Changing God's Mind

Richard Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Sun Jan 27 10:19:21 PST 2008

R' Micha wrote: By turning to the Borei one changes the factors that
go into His
decision.

I understand the many answers given to: If God knows the future where
is man's free will? But how would you respond to "If God is omniscient
(and of course, knows the future), then how can His mind be changed?
In other words, God knows what His decisions will be, so it's almost
an oxymoron to say that your prayers may change His decision. If you
maintain that they may change His Mind, then His Mind had already been
made up to change.

Gut voch and gut luck (in responding to my impossible question).
ri