[Avodah] Assisted Suicide

Michael Makovi mikewinddale at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 03:44:20 PST 2008

> By turning to the Borei one changes the factors that go into His
> decision. For all we know, the person's job in life was completed by
> this realization that we rely on Him.
>
> Gut Voch!
> -Micha

Or perhaps He just wanted to hear you ask. It's part of the same
thing. But there's an added nuance I think, that not only does He want
you to realize that He's the source, but simply, He wants a
relationship.

A father calls his son shortly before Pesach.
"Son, your mother and I are getting divorced."
"What??!! You've been married for 30 years and you're suddenly getting
divorced??!! Dad, don't do anything. I'm booking a flight right now
and calling my sister."
The father looks at the mother and says, "Well, they're coming for
Pesach. But what do we do about Sukkot?"

Mikha'el Makovi