[Avodah] FW: Re: [Areivim] Kol B'Ishah and Halachic methodology

SBA sba at sba2.com
Wed Jan 23 21:05:25 PST 2008

Forwarded to Avodah as per moderators:

From: Meir Shinnar <chidekel at gmail.com>
... accusing someone  of C hashkafa, ... is a shorthand for an accusation of
kfira.
...there should be some attempt ... to be dan lchaf zchut - even if one
rejects the methodology and the conclusions.  It would seem to me that the
casual imputation of kfira ...to a rav is a far more major violation (and of
issure d'oraita) than anything in the article ..
>.

I haven't been following this thread be'iyun, and have no view about that
rabbi.

But if there is kefireh involved - wouldn't this come under the category of
the laws of a meises - for whom one is forbidden (indeed issure d'oraita) to
be 'dan lchaf zchut'?

SBA