[Avodah] Seeing the Alps

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:34:14 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 4:33 PM, kennethgmiller at juno.com <kennethgmiller at juno.com>
wrote:

> But the niggun is a human creation, and the Alps are a Divine creation. To
> me, that is gigantic distinction.

We are talking about what inspires an individual

> > If a drunk has booze it is a physical pleasure. if a ehrlihcer
> > hassid has a schnappes it is a spiritual event.  Simple - no?
>
> No. Not unless that schnappes helped that hassid to some sort of chiddush
> in learning, or in dveykus, or whatever.

For Hassidim alcohol reduces the inhibitrions of approaching HKBH call that
dveikus if you will but I would simply say imbibing spirits is inspiring and
spiritual for those who are so inclinded

> Which I freely admit that alcohol *can* help do. But the drinking alone is
> *not* a spiritual event. And woe to those who think it is.

the points is the attitude with which preceeds the process, not the process
itself. I'm not sure if you are getting my point here.

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com