[Avodah] Did L. Reebe Call RYDS Gaol Hador? Please Confirm

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:08:04 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 4:43 PM, Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:

> There is a HUGE chiluq whether RMMS said "the gadol hador" or "a gadol
> hador". Given the role in Chabad thought of the yechidah kelalis, I
> really doubt RMMS could give a non-Chabad rav the title of the
> generation's greatest.
>
> SheTir'u baTov!
> -micha

As  I heard it, the Rebbe exhorted his Hassidim to stand up and honor the
"gadol hador."  It could be he said A gadol Hador but then why ask Hassidim
to rise?

FWIW I don't know WHERE I read it but I remember it was around 1999 give or
take a year.

I also pointed this out to a Habad Hasid who was an Avodah member and he did
NOT deny it.

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com