[Avodah] 15 different fruits on Tu B'shvat

Liron Kopinsky liron.kopinsky at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:06:09 PST 2008

Obviously, I don't consider the site as credible. I do wonder where the
number 15 came from though.

It's a relatively interesting challenge to try and find 15 different fruits
with a haEtz beracha since obviously pineapple, banana, strawberry etc.
don't count. Additionally, one cannot eat all of the 7 minim since
wheat/barley are not haEtz either. In fact, at this time of year it might
not even be possible unless you either go for very exotic expensive fruits,
or treat different kinds of oranges as the different types or to go with
fruits like nectarines which a Jew shouldn't be making (although eating is
fine).

~Liron