[Avodah] The Levush and the "Ayin-Tes-Zayin"

R Davidovich raphaeldavidovich at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 20:37:38 PDT 2008

The Shach in Yoreh Deya constantly cites the "Ayin Tes-Zayin".  For years,
friends and I have been saying "Ateres Zekeinim", without delving further.
I recently did a quick online search and discovered that "Ateres Zekeinim"
was the name of two seforim. The one who discusses Halacha was a younger
contemporary of the Shach who outlived him by some 30 years, a R' Mendel
Auerbach.

Someone suggested that the "Ayin Tes-Zayin" refers to the Levush.  But I
have not been able to locate a different name for the sefer known as the
Levush that would match that Acronym.

Any ideas or knowledge out there?

--
RD