[Avodah] Chazal are Infallible

Marty Bluke marty.bluke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 23:24:53 PDT 2006

R' Micha Berger wrote:
<In vol 13, RJSO quoted Tosafos haRosh, who makes the argument about the
shiur of pi rather than pi itself. I added that fit the recollection I had
of how Iwas taught the gemara. RZS objected to the plausibility of this
reading, and in
<http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol13/v13n076.shtml#11><http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol13/v13n076.shtml#11>RJSO
gives a line by line explanation of the gemara as he presumed the ThR
understood it.

I wonder how the Tosafos Harosh would read the Gemara in bava Basra 14a-14b
which discusses the size of the aron and how the luchos and the sefer torah
fit in. The Gemara seems pretty clear that the measurements are exact,
otherwise the question doesn't even begin.